Environmental Risk Sciences
Environmental Risk Sciences Pty Ltd (enRiskS) is a dedicated toxicology / risk assessment consulting company. Based in Sydney, with key staff located in Melbourne, we have a long-standing track record in providing cost-effective human health and environmental toxicology and risk assessment services to identify the most appropriate approaches for sound environmental decision making.
Our client base is broad, and our major clients include:
- government departments including the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA), Department of Defence, Commonwealth departments for science, health and chemicals management, state departments for health, planning, transport and/or the environment (New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia, Victoria, Queensland and Tasmania)
- research organisations including the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB), CSIRO, CRC for Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment (CRC CARE)
- local councils
- architects and developers
- environmental (including contaminated land and occupational health and safety) consulting firms
- lawyers and solicitors
- Environmental auditors.
enRiskS is committed to problem solving in the most appropriate and realistic manner possible using state-of-the-art / best practice principles, current regulatory guidance (national and international), and information from the scientific literature.
enRiskS also has extensive expertise in distilling highly level technical issues into information that can be easily understood by different target audiences, including members of the community.
We excel at problem solving and issue resolution, and often attend stakeholder (including community) events to provide explanation, and answer questions relation to, our assessments.
Environmental Risk Sciences provides cost-effective human health and environmental toxicology and risk assessment services. We use our extensive expertise in these areas to identify the most appropriate tools and approaches for sound environmental decision making.
Services include the following:
- human health and environmental risk assessment for contaminated sites (including peer review)
- human health and environmental risk assessment for existing or proposed industrial facilities
- human health and environmental risk assessment for materials re-use
- health impact assessment for proposed industrial facilities or major projects
- vapour intrusion assessments including advice on sampling program design, data collection, data evaluation and modelling
- advice on proposed risk management measures including verification of vapour mitigation systems
- derivation of risk-based criteria (RBC) for the protection of human health and the environment
- chemical toxicity reviews including the identification, evaluation, and management of persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic (PBT) substances
- assessment of pesticide risk including technical registration support
- risk-based ranking, planning, and evaluation
- development of methods, models, and guidance
- evaluation of exposure and risk issues related to incidents
- technical peer review, including of conceptual site models (CSM), tier 1 (screening level) risk assessments and more detailed risk assessments
- community consultation including attendance at, and input to, stakeholder events
- auditor support
- expert witness.
We provide expert technical advice on chemicals in all environmental media including soil, sediment, air (including particulates), water and solid materials (e.g. food products or materials proposed for beneficial re-use).
Our risk assessment group is committed to problem solving in the most appropriate and realistic manner possible using:-
- state-of-the-art/best practice principles;
- current regulatory guidance (national and international); and
- information from the scientific literature.